Dreams come true
RSS

Monday, June 26, 2017

Reading THE WORLD

I started reading in English five years ago when I started studying abroad. Due to my poor vocabulary, low grade grammar and lack of practice I struggled so much at first. I would spend whole day in the library and devote all the time I had to reading legal readers yet I could cover just the half of what was given. 

There were times when I wanted to give up and terminate my studies but somehow I kept trying regardless of the anxiety, stresses and home sickness that troubled me the most. Now having had a great opportunity to study 2 different foreign countries with diverse environment, I am so grateful that I made it to the end.  I value my experience in these two countries very much because I earned more than an academic degree. I appreciate all the support from my family during the times when I was about to give up. Because of the highly supportive and influential words that my mom said I did not choose the easiest way to deal with my struggle - giving up. 

Even though I have became much better in reading in English, I still face unknown sentence structure, words that I have never seen before and phrases that squeeze my brain to dig out of its meaning. Therefore, I decided to start a Reading and Improving my English project that got its idea from Ms Ann Morgan's TED Talk about her project "A YEAR OF READING THE WORLD" 
(https://ayearofreadingtheworld.com/)
In fact, I do not expect myself to read books from every and each country in the world within a year. I really do not know how much time I will spend for the project and how many countries I will discover through their literature but I surely know that I will stick to this project until it seems enough. 


0 comments: